Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 25: Merry Christmas!

It’s Christmas and I’ve got a turkey to cook, so in lieu of a real post, I just wanted to share something I thought was kind of funny.
Now you know I’ve been complaining about the lack of Christmas decorations down here in Texas. Back home, everything is covered in lights and bows and evergreen—from streetlamps to the poles in parking lots. Here, there’s hardly anything. But a few of my neighbors did do a little decorating.
Here is one of my neighbor’s doors (see picture below). You’ll notice the Christmas wreath, which is of a pretty standard size.


Another neighbor, however, was apparently not satisfied with a normal-sized wreath, so they went big. Really, really big. See the picture below.


The wreath is actually so huge, I wasn’t able to get the whole thing into the picture. I laugh every time I walk past it. I have no idea how the people who live there are managing to get their door open and closed, but I appreciate the “go big or go home” attitude. Can’t wait to see what they do for Valentine’s Day.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment